Preparing for the forest
The camp site is located 12km from Taï National Park’s entrance, and a 2.5 hour walk through the forest will take you to the campsite The hike there is flat and relatively easy, but requires good physical condition to enjoy the walk through the forest.
The campsite is located in the heart of the primary tropical forest where there is no electricity. We recommend that you bring a power bank to recharge your electronic devices. There is no phone reception on site.
Are you planning a trip to the tropical forest of the Taï National Park ? We can help you pack your bag with the most important items.
Appropriate clothing for the forest:
We advise you to wear dark coloured clothing (black, grey, khaki, brown, or beige) made from cotton or other cool materials.
- Rubber gumboots (mandatory during the wet season) or waterproof hiking boots
- Torch or headlamp
- Dark coloured shirts, preferably long-sleeved
- Dark coloured walking trousers
- Dark coloured waterproof backpack
Please note : Red or brightly coloured clothes are not permitted to be worn when observing the primates.
- Flip flops or plastic sandals
- Casual outfit: shorts, dress, skirt, short-sleeved t-shirt
- Warm clothes for cooler evenings and nights depending on the season
Antimalarial measures :
- Prophylaxis medication against malaria (seek information from your doctor or pharmacy)
- Tropical strength mosquito repellent